Thursday, October 15, 2015

I'm Feeling E-lec-tric Tonight

In three hours, I will turn 31.

On this day, I'm glad I have:
My Mother
My Brother
My Uncle
My Aunts and Cousins
My Friends (All 3 of them)

On this day, I'm sorry because:
I tried very hard not to make it this far.
I'm still trying, to be honest.
I miss those I've lost, especially my grandfather, very much.
I am sad about those relationships that are broken beyond repair now.

On this day, I've learnt:
One day at a time, that's the best I can do.

Tomorrow, I will try to:
Make it one more day.
Smile.
Do something nice for my mother who is trying very hard for very little reward.

This coming year, I am going to:
Continue to try and stay put one day at a time.
Go on holiday.
Read more.
Achieve at least some of the goals I have set up.
Try not to become exhausted and give up.

So, the thing is, it really is, that this is the most hopeful birthday post I've written and it comes in the midst of the absolute saddest I've ever been. I think that's evidence of the fact that I'm trying very, very hard. I think I should feel good about that. In the end, the very best I can do is the very best I can do. And I am; doing that, I mean.

Happy 31 to me. 

No comments: